The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has developed a new standard, ISO 45001 “Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems – Requirements” to aid in further preventing work-related accidents.
Providing a framework to improve conditions and employee safety in the workplace, the new standard is centralized around the idea of reducing possible risks. The standard follows other industry standards such as OHSAS 18001 and its expected full publication is March 2018. Regardless of company size and stature, the standard aims to fulfil objectives for any type of organization by:
- improving its ability to respond to regulatory compliance issues
- reducing the overall costs of incidents
- reducing downtime and the costs of disruption to operations
- reducing the cost of insurance premiums
- reducing absenteeism and employee turnover rates
For more information visit pervidi.com.au